- This calculator will estimate the likely design, sampling & production costs for your collection based on questions it will ask you to answer.
- Please see above in “Stage 1 – Range Planning” for further details.
- Should the link to our Range Plan Calculator not work for any reason, please email us to request a copy.
LIKELY COSTS – DESIGN
- Estimate x2-3hrs work per style.
- This includes all the front, back & construction drawings, any labels & trims, the approval process to refine your designs & a factory technical speciation pack (Tech Pack).
- A Tech Pack provides the factory with everything they need to produce the samples including fabric type & compositions, colours or washes, fit or construction references, graphic dimensions & positions, labels & trims.
- Estimate x3-6hrs work per logo.
- During logo design we will usually start by designing several completely different logo concepts. These will be submitted to you for comment.
- Subject to the comments received we will tend to go through further development round, each time refining your chosen logo options until you are happy with a final logo concept.
- Estimate x2-8hrs work per graphic.
- Subject to the complexity of the graphics required the time to design them can vary considerably.
- We can discuss your graphic ideas and estimate a more accurate quote of time.
- During the graphic development stage, we will usually design the desired graphic, send this to you for comment & refine the graphic until you are happy with the final concept.
- Our base rate design services are charged at £50/hr.
- Discounts off our base rates are applicable subject to taking other services with us. For example;
- If you intend to take sourcing services with us, we discount our base rates by 20% to £40/hr.
- If you also take additional services with us (for example website build, marketing or warehousing) we discount our base rates by 30% to £35/hr.
- Prices are quoted in £GBP & exclude any taxes.
- To estimate your design budget please do the following;
- Garment Design: Number of styles x 2-3hrs per style x £35-£50/hr
- Logo Design: Number of logos x 3-6hrs per logo x £35-£50/hr
- Graphic Design: Number of graphics x 2-8hrs per graphic x £35-50/hr
LIKELY COSTS – SAMPLING
- Apparel samples are usually £100 per sample.
- Accessory samples are usually £100 per sample.
- Footwear samples are usually £200 per sample.
- Prices are quoted in £GBP & exclude any taxes.
- >501pcs per style = 100% refund on sampling charges.
- 401-500pcs per style = 80% refund on sampling charges.
- 301-400pcs per style = 60% refund on sampling charges.
- 201-300pcs per style = 40% refund on sampling charges.
- 101-200pcs per style = 20% refund on sampling charges.
- <100pcs per style = 0% refund on sampling charges.
- Number of samples required x £100-£200 per sample.
- Sampling will then be refunded based on bulk order qty placed (subject to order volumes outlined above).
LIKELY COSTS – PRODUCTION
|Scroll to see more.|
|T-Shirts & Tops||£6.00||£6.50||£7.00||£8.50||£10.00||£14.00||£17.50|
|Shirts & Blouses||£14.00||£15.00||£16.00||£19.00||£22.50||£32.00||£40.00|
- Prices are estimate averages only & subject to your bespoke design & country of manufacture.
- Prices are in £GBP & exclude and freight, duties or taxes.
- If your product type is not on the above list, please email us to request further information.
- Product type unit price based on quantity to product x quantity.
LIKELY COSTS – FREIGHT, DUTIES & TAXES
- Freight is based on weight, volume & shipment method (i.e. Road, Sea or Air)
- Therefore, freight costs cannot be accurately calculated until your production is complete & ready to ship.
- We do however estimate freight charges for customers so they can budget. We usually estimate;
- Road freight = 8% of the total production value.
- Sea freight = 10% of the total production value.
- Air freight = 12% of the total production value.
- To estimate the likely freight costs please do as follows;
- Total production value x % of freight method.
- Duties are subject to product type & country of manufacture.
- Duty rates can vary from 0% through to 20% of the product unit price. As a rough guide,
- if your products are being produced inside the EU then the duty rate will be 0%,
- if producing outside of the EU please estimate an average of 12% duties.
- To estimate the likely duty costs please do as follows;
- Total production value x 12%
- Taxes are subject to product gender & country of import.
- Children’s wear carries a 0% tax rate.
- All other genders carry a 20% VAT tax rate.
- If you are VAT registered, you can re-claim any import taxes via HMRC.
- To estimate the likely tax costs please do as follows;
- Total production value x 20%
- Design = 100% proforma
- Sampling = 100% proforma
- Production = 50% deposit upon bulk order placement / 50% prior to shipment.