While your face may never show up on the big screen, it does not mean you have to take a back seat in terms of your style. With the right approach, you can look just as good as the many celebrities that are gracing the covers of magazines and making millions in movies and on television.
Of course, there is a big question you need to answer: which celebrities should you steal your style from? During the winter season (as well as any other time of the year), you will realise that almost every celebrity has her own unique style. If you target the right ones, you will soon find yourself looking and feeling better than ever before.
Making a final decision on which celebrities to steal style ideas from should be based on a number of factors, including but not limited to the following:
• Your style
• Your body type
• Your opinion of the celebrity
Let’s face it: you already have your own personal style. Even if you want to make some changes, it is safe to assume that you have something that you are comfortable with. Why not attempt to find celebrities with a similar approach to fashion? This will make it much easier for you to steal ideas this winter.
When you focus on celebrities with the same body type, it is much easier for you to feel good about the decisions you are making. This affords you the opportunity to get a better idea of what a particular piece will look like on you, all before making a purchase. What do you think about a particular celebrity? Does she have the style you crave? Does her personality make her less desirable in your mind? While your personal opinion should not have much to do with whether you steal a celebrity’s style, it can definitely come into play along the way.
With all this out of the way, there are five celebrities you should steal your style from this winter:
1. Kerry Washington. When it comes to top of the line style, there are not many that do it better than Washington. Her approach to fashion is nothing but the best, looking good time and time again. No matter if she is wearing a designer T-shirt or formal wear, she never goes overboard or comes up short. Instead, Washington knows what it means to find the “middle ground” and she sticks with this when deciding what to wear.
2. Jennifer Lawrence. There is no denying the fact that Lawrence is one of the hottest up and coming stars in Hollywood. The thing that sets her apart from others is her willingness to try new things. She is fearless with her style, taking chances that others would likely stay away from. Lawrence knows when to show off her body and when to dress more conservatively.
3. Emma Stone. While some celebrities don’t stay current with the latest in the fashion industry, the same cannot be said for Stone. If nothing else, she is well known for staying on top of current trends, ensuring that nothing slips past her. Her classic style is sure to keep her in the limelight for many years to come. Stone is one of those celebrities that can make anything look good, from a simple black dress to a T-shirt and jeans.
4. Jessica Chastain. There are celebrities out there who seem to have no morals when it comes to what they wear. As long as they think it looks good, they are willing to put it on their body. While there is nothing wrong with being a bit daring, this can lead to fashion miscues that are looked down upon. Chastain never has to worry about this, as she chooses her fashion carefully. For those who do not put much time and effort into thinking about what they wear, taking a lesson or two from Chastain would be a great idea.
5. Nicole Richie. Although Richie has fallen out of the spotlight to a certain degree, when it comes to style and fashion she is always at the top of the list. For many years, she has been showing off her experimental style, showing others that it is okay to experiment with new and fresh ideas. Even if you think you are pushing the limits, there is nothing wrong with giving a particular style a second look. Richie has proven that you can experiment with a variety of ideas to find the ones that look best.
Are you hoping to dress more like a celebrity this winter? If so, let one or more of the five above point you in the right direction. When you take cues from these celebrities, you know you are on the right track.